This course is aimed at new Designated Safeguarding Leads. It will cover:
- Learning from Serious Case Reviews
- Key aspects of the Designated Safeguarding Leads role
- Train the Trainer session on delivering the whole school safeguarding session
- Ofsted requirements
- Initiatives in Derbyshire update including thresholds, recording, referral and assessment
- Specific safeguarding issues including Child Sexual Exploitation, Female Genital Mutilation and Sexting.
For newly appointed DSL within Derbyshire, there is an expectation that applicants will have a good awareness of general safeguarding.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- understand the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead and key responsibilities
- understand the impact of new initiatives in Derbyshire and the effect of these on education settings.
This course can be booked through the S4S system. Should you have any queries or problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01629 531933.
New Designated Safeguarding Leads across all phases as part of the Statutory Requirement (Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018)