This course is aimed at new Designated Safeguarding Leads. It will cover:
For newly appointed DSL within Derbyshire, there is an expectation that applicants will have attended a basic safeguarding course prior to attending this training.
- Learning from Serious Case Reviews
- Key aspects of the Designated Safeguarding Leads role
- Train the Trainer session on delivering the whole school safeguarding session
- Ofsted requirements
- New Initiatives in Derbyshire update including thresholds, recording, referral and assessment
- Specific safeguarding issues including Child Sexual Exploitation, Female Genital Mutilation and Sexting.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- introduce the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and key responsibilities in Derbyshire
- discuss and refer to relevant legislation, guidance and documentation to support role
- understand the impact of initiatives in Derbyshire and Nationally and the effect of these on education settings.
This course can be booked through the S4S system. Should you have any queries or problems please contact email@example.com or 01629 531933.
New Designated Safeguarding Leads across all phases as part of the Statutory Requirement (Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018)