Early Years SENCO Briefings - FREE for Schools and Early Years Providers.
SENCO briefings are your opportunity to keep abreast of national and Derbyshire initiatives in Early Years Special Educational Needs. This year we are running seven of these 3-hour briefings throughout Derbyshire, all FREE and open to all Early Years practitioners working with or managing staff who work with young children with special needs. Parents are also welcome to attend. This year’s briefings will focus on:
And there is always time for your questions!
- transitions - identifying key elements to making successful transitions for children with SEN. For many young children with SEN, change can be a significant challenge. In this briefing, we hope to provide you with ideas and pathways to support your children’s transitions
- Health Care Plans – clarification of the role of health care workers and the responsibilities of schools and settings to provide for a child’s medical needs
- updates on funding, resources (including the new EYFS Social Communication small step profile) and training opportunities throughout the county
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- have had the opportunity to hear the latest news about national and local initiatives
- have had the opportunity to meet and talk with other SENCOs in their locality to share good practice and discuss information about SEND in the EYFS
- have learned about specific topics brought to the agenda.
There is no charge to attend this briefing. Our Cancellation Policy can be found under 'Terms' via the following webpage: www.services.derbyshire.gov.uk/Services/3976.
SENCOs in mainstream schools with nurseries, Teachers in an Early Years Foundation unit / class, Nursery or Pre-school Managers, Childminders