These termly, half day sessions are designed to support Physical Education leaders in primary schools, to inform and update as well as to facilitate curriculum development, evaluation and networking.
Foci for each meeting will be identified in the previous session and publicised in advance. Training material will be provided for subject leaders to use as a tool for enhancing the delivery of ‘High Quality PE’ lessons in their schools and guidance given on how to ensure primary colleagues with low confidence in PE are supported and developed. Network events will be scheduled in two areas across the county over subsequent days each term. Colleagues may choose the most convenient venue or the event with the most appropriate content as this is likely to vary after the first. The autumn session will focus on the following:
- PE curriculum and government funding update
- PE ‘Hot topics’
- annual review and planning.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- have developed skills and strategies which will raise standards in PE
- have developed strategies for using the subject to drive whole school improvement
- receive and discuss national messages (policy and practice)
- have developed their leadership skills
- identify the needs of the subject leaders which can be addressed in subsequent sessions or by scheduling specific CPD or school inset.
Our Cancellation Policy can be viewed here: www.services.derbyshire.gov.uk/Page/7672