This event will support your role as an English teacher or English Subject Leader through sharing good practice, considering the latest research and classroom activities which you can take back and implement in your own setting.
Each English subject leader briefing will follow a three point agenda:
Delegates will be provided with resources, useful websites and strategies to disseminate back in school. The briefing provides a valuable opportunity for networking and the sharing of good practice. While an English focus will underpin the content of these briefings, links to other subject areas will support cross-curricular learning. If you have any questions about these briefings, please contact: email@example.com or any of the consultant team. You may also be interested in our English Subject Leader courses. Search 'subject leader' on www.services.derbyshire.gov.uk for our next course. We can also offer consultancy sessions in your school for English Leaders.
- Latest Updates - on new initiatives, proven effective practice and national messages, such as the latest statutory updates relating to English assessment and moderation, including key dates and deadlines.
- Key Focus 1 (this will be defined in advance for the term) - Spring term briefing = Writing Across the Curriculum
- Key Focus 2 (this will be defined nearer the time, in reaction to school requests and local data)
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Subject Leaders will have increased awareness of good practice which will impact on standards in English.
- delegates will be equipped with resources and strategies to disseminate information to staff benefitting learning and teaching in their own school.
The cost of this course is £81.00 per delegate (£90.00 per delegate for sites who do not subscribe to the Education Improvement Service). Our Cancellation Policy can be viewed under 'Terms' via the following webpage: www.services.derbyshire.gov.uk/Page/7672
Primary English Subject Leaders, Middle Leaders, Senior Leaders